Edmodo: An online social network you'll want your child to use | Schools
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- "It's pretty easy," 7th grader Emma Kee tells us. "Anyone can use it."
As her fingers fly across the computer keyboard in the Landrum Middle School library, it's obvious how much Emma loves chatting with her classmates online.
She's using a new program created in 2008, called Edmodo.
Edmodo is an online social network that mimics online college classes, allowing students to connect and correspond with classmates, teachers and parents.
The idea behind the computer program, came from a man who was working in an Illinois school district's IT department, and had to keep blocking online and social networking and video sites.
St. Johns County schools are among the first on the First Coast to use the online tool.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’