Toxicology reports: Drugs, alcohol found in the systems of crash victims | People
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The Medical Examiner's Office has completed its reports on two fatal crashes that happened in late 2012.
Christian Gerard Schroom, 49, was fatally hit by two cars early in the morning on Nov. 18, 2012 and police are still looking for those drivers, according to a release Public Information Officer Mark Samson of the St. Augustine Police Department.
Schroom was originally thought to be riding his bicycle when he was hit, but it is now believed that was not the case. According to toxicology reports, his blood alcohol concentration was 0.198, more than twice Florida's legal limit of 0.08.
Anyone with any information about the fatal accident where Schroom was killed is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-877-277-TIPS (8477).
The toxicology reports were also released on Trevor and Jennifer Leonardi, who were killed on Christmas Day after their vehicle crashed into a large oak tree on Red Cox Drive.
Trevor Leonardi was found to have Xanax, Benzodiazepines and freon in his system. Jennifer Leonardi was found to have large concentrations of substances such as cannabinioids, Benzodiazepines, amphetamine, norpseudophedrine and Delta-9 THC in her system.
Officers are still investigating the rate of speed their vehicle was traveling at the time of the crash's impact, Samson said.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House