FHP Makes Arrest in Death of St. Augustine Teen | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- There's been an arrest almost a year to the day of the death of 18-year-old Shae Burchfield in St. Augustine.
Florida Highway Patrol Traffic Homicide investigators and the State Attorney's Office have charged Frederick Andrews, 51, with DUI Manslaughter.
He was booked into the St. Johns County jail Friday.
On July 8, 2010, Burchfield was riding her dirt bike at the intersection of Wildwood Drive and South Winter Hawk Drive when she collided with a pickup truck driven by Andrews.
That day, witnesses told First Coast News they saw Andrews driving recklessly minutes before the crash. Several drivers called 911 to report Andrews.
FHP took a blood sample and those tests have now come back. According to FHP, an extensive blood analysis showed the presence of Xanax, Cocaine and Methadone in Andrews' system.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House