FHP Makes Arrest in Death of St. Augustine Teen | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- There's been an arrest almost a year to the day of the death of 18-year-old Shae Burchfield in St. Augustine.
Florida Highway Patrol Traffic Homicide investigators and the State Attorney's Office have charged Frederick Andrews, 51, with DUI Manslaughter.
He was booked into the St. Johns County jail Friday.
On July 8, 2010, Burchfield was riding her dirt bike at the intersection of Wildwood Drive and South Winter Hawk Drive when she collided with a pickup truck driven by Andrews.
That day, witnesses told First Coast News they saw Andrews driving recklessly minutes before the crash. Several drivers called 911 to report Andrews.
FHP took a blood sample and those tests have now come back. According to FHP, an extensive blood analysis showed the presence of Xanax, Cocaine and Methadone in Andrews' system.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’