St. Augustine teen arrested for alleged car theft | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Deputies arrested a St. Augustine teenager for an alleged car theft that ended in an accident Friday, according to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
David Eugene Adams, 14, was arrested for grand theft, said SJSO Cpl. Catherine Payne in a release.
Adams reportedly stole a 1998 sedan from the Spot Café, located at 223 State Road 16, and then crashed it Friday morning, said Payne.
Witnesses told investigators that Adams was allegedly driving the car that time of the accident, according to the Florida High Patrol.
This is the second time within two weeks that Adams has been arrested in connection with vehicle theft, said Payne.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’