St. Augustine teen arrested for alleged car theft | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Deputies arrested a St. Augustine teenager for an alleged car theft that ended in an accident Friday, according to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
David Eugene Adams, 14, was arrested for grand theft, said SJSO Cpl. Catherine Payne in a release.
Adams reportedly stole a 1998 sedan from the Spot Café, located at 223 State Road 16, and then crashed it Friday morning, said Payne.
Witnesses told investigators that Adams was allegedly driving the car that time of the accident, according to the Florida High Patrol.
This is the second time within two weeks that Adams has been arrested in connection with vehicle theft, said Payne.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House