Van drives into sushi restaurant in St. Augustine | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- An employee of a sushi restaurant on San Marco Avenue in St. Augustine drove through the front of the store Saturday night, according to the St. Augustine Police Department.
The employee was parked behind the building, and then drove around to the front of the store, according to Mark Sampson with the police department.
The driver did not put the van in park and mistakenly put the shifter into drive instead of reverse. The van lunged forward through the front of the building.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House