St. Johns County firefighter laid to rest | News
St. Augustine, Fla. -- Friends and family of a longtime St. Johns County firefighter bid their final farewell Saturday morning.
Captain Kenneth Joseph Krulish passed away unexpectedly Tuesday.
He died while jogging when he was off-duty.
Krulish started working with St. Johns County Fire Rescue in 1988.
Jeremy Robshaw with fire and rescue said Krulish dreamed of being a firefighter since he was a child.
His colleagues said he was an exceptional officer who trained and mentored so many on the force.
"He lived and breathed this profession and this job, just that and his family. He was a dedicated family man," said Chief Carl Shank with the SJCFR.
Chief Shank said Krulish was also a runner and he was working on getting his master's degree.
He leaves behind a wife and two children.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety