St. Augustine police officer moved out of ICU after accident | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- A St. Augustine police officer has been moved out of the ICU at Shands Jacksonville after he was hit while jogging Friday afternoon, according to the St. Augustine Police Department.
Sgt. Richard Warner, 44, is now in serious condition, according to Mark Sampson, a spokesperson for the St. Augustine Police Department.
Warner was jogging northbound on S. Whitney Street when a car, driven by Travis Chidester, 33, struck him, according to Cpl. Catherine Payne with the Sheriff's Office.
Warner was transported to Flagler Hospital before he was transferred to Shands Jacksonville.
At this time charges are not expect to be filed against Chidester. The case is still under investigation.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House