Suspicious package found near FCN vehicle deemed safe | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A suspicious package outside of the St. Johns County Courthouse near a First Coast News vehicle Friday morning was found to be safe.
The package was a black case that had wheels and a handle. FCN was at the courthouse to cover the sentencing of Michael Louis McIntosh, a man who was found guilty of child sex battery charges.
When the package was first found, people leaving the courthouse were escorted out through a different exit.
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office K-9 Unit then deemed the package to be safe.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House