3 arrested in St. Augustine robbery | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Officers with the St. Augustine Police Department arrested a 26-year-old man and two juveniles after they allegedly snatched a woman's purse as the tried to get into her car.
Mark Samson, Public Information Officer with the St. Augustine Police Department, said shortly before 9:30 Christmas night Eric Badie allegedly snatched the woman's purse, knocking her to the ground, as she tried to get into her car.
Samson said officers pursued Badie on foot and detained him for questioning.
Two male juveniles who were with Badie told police he was the one who actually took the purse, Samson said.
Police charged all three with robbery by sudden snatching since property from the victim's purse was allegedly found on one the juveniles, Samson said.
Samson said witnesses at the scene told police the second juvenile was allegedly with Badie when he snatched the woman's purse and ran with Badie from the scene.
Police also charged Badie with resisting an officer without violence and two counts of probation violation. Samson said at the time of the alleged robbery, Badie was on probation for another robbery.
Samson said the victim told police what was inside her purse. Police found all of the woman's property, except for $50 cash, on the three arrested. Samson said all her property was returned to her at the scene.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House