Newlyweds killed in Christmas Day crash | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The St. Augustine Police Department released the names of two people killed in a crash on Red Cox Road as detectives still work to determine what caused it.
Mark Samson, Public Information Officer for the St. Augustine Police Department, said 25-year-old Trevor Leonardi and his wife, 28-year-old Jennifer Roos-Leonardi were killed when their truck crashed on Red Cox Road in St. Augustine.
Samson said both were local residents of St. Augustine.
Trevor was driving a 2007 black Nissan Titan north on A1A, Samson said, when he failed to make a curve near the entrance to Anastasia State Park.
Samson said Trevor was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash. Jennifer was wearing her seat belt, Samson said.
Emergency personnel had to work for an hour to free the two from the wreckage.
Traffic Homicide Detectives with the St. Augustine Police Department are still working to determine the cause of the crash, Samson said.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House