Gas leak repaired in South Hampton in St. Johns County | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office has been assisting St. Johns County Fire Rescue with a cut gas line in the South Hampton neighborhood.
The issue has been fixed and units are securing the scene, however, five homes in the immediate area have been evacuated as a precaution, according to Sgt. Chuck Mulligan with SJSO.
No other incidents have occurred as a result of the cutting and there is still a fire and police presence in the area as crews work to resolve the incident.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House