Sub arrested on charges of possessing obscene material terminated | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - A newly hired substitute teacher in St. Johns County, who was arrested on charges of possessing obscene material, was terminated this morning.
Matthew Atkinson, 26, was a substitute teacher for less than week.
The issue with Atkinson was on the St. Johns County School Board consent agenda Tuesday morning. The decision to terminate Atkinson was unanimous.
Atkinson was removed from the list of substitute teachers on Friday.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety