Sub arrested on charges of possessing obscene material terminated | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - A newly hired substitute teacher in St. Johns County, who was arrested on charges of possessing obscene material, was terminated this morning.
Matthew Atkinson, 26, was a substitute teacher for less than week.
The issue with Atkinson was on the St. Johns County School Board consent agenda Tuesday morning. The decision to terminate Atkinson was unanimous.
Atkinson was removed from the list of substitute teachers on Friday.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House