St. Augustine Police still searching for clues in 22-year-old murder | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- It has been more than 22 years since Richard MacDougall was murdered.
Mark Samson, Public Information Officer for the St. Augustine Police Department, said MacDougall, 23, was shot and killed in the early morning hours of December 1, 1990.
MacDougall, a construction worker for Meadors Construction, was shot and killed on the sidewalk in front of 60 Cathedral Place. At the time, it was a Barnett Bank.
Samson said MacDougall and a friend decided to walk downtown to the Tradewinds Bar located at 124 Charlotte Street from the Shrimp Haven Bar locatd at 169 King Street.
As the two walked, Samson said MacDougall became involved in a verbal altercation with an unidentified man.
The altercation escalated and resulted in the death of MacDougall, Samson said.
The St. Augustine Police Department is asking the public to assist in their investigation.
If you have any information that could help police you are asked to contact St. Augustine Police Detective Cecilia Aiple at 904-209-3487 or the St. Augustine Police Anonymous Tip Line at 904-209-3482.
To remain anonymous, you may contact Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida by calling 10888-277-TIPS. You could be eligible to receive a reward up to $5,000.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House