Pedestrian killed after being hit on I-95 in St. Augustine | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- One person has been killed after being hit by a vehicle on Interstate 95 southbound.
The incident happened around 7 p.m. just north of exit 318, according to information on the Florida Highway Patrol's website.
Prior to that, FHP and the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office received calls about a person in the road. Before law enforcement personnel arrived, a white female had been struck, according to Sgt. Dylan Bryan with FHP.
The driver of vehicle that hit the pedestrian continued southbound on I-95 and exited at County Road 207 to inspect the damage when they were located by SJSO.
The driver of that vehicle, which was a truck pulling a small trailer, said he thought he hit a deer or blew a tire.
The investigation is still pending, Bryan said, but at this time it does not appear that the driver will be charged.
FHP will provide more information as it becomes available.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House