Woman arrested on cocaine possession charges | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A woman was arrested on cocaine possession charges after St. Johns County Sheriff's Office detectives and the S.W.A.T. team found just over five grams of cocaine in a home in the 400 block of Aiken Street.
Belinda Joyce McKenzie, 40, was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a place of worship or school, possession of drug paraphernalia and maintaining a drug dwelling, according to a release from SJSO Corporal Catherine Payne.
The warrant was served in response to several complaints about criminal activity in the area, and shootings that recently occurred in the West Augustine area.
Investigators found that the home is most likely linked to those shootings, as well as other organized criminal activity, Payne said.
SJSO is continuing to investigate the West Augustine shootings. Anyone with information is requested to contact Detective Gene Tolbert at (904) 209-3985 or Crime Stoppers.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’