Woman arrested on cocaine possession charges | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A woman was arrested on cocaine possession charges after St. Johns County Sheriff's Office detectives and the S.W.A.T. team found just over five grams of cocaine in a home in the 400 block of Aiken Street.
Belinda Joyce McKenzie, 40, was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a place of worship or school, possession of drug paraphernalia and maintaining a drug dwelling, according to a release from SJSO Corporal Catherine Payne.
The warrant was served in response to several complaints about criminal activity in the area, and shootings that recently occurred in the West Augustine area.
Investigators found that the home is most likely linked to those shootings, as well as other organized criminal activity, Payne said.
SJSO is continuing to investigate the West Augustine shootings. Anyone with information is requested to contact Detective Gene Tolbert at (904) 209-3985 or Crime Stoppers.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House