Police searching for information in string of gun violence | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Detectives with the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office are searching for information after several occurrences of gun violence last week.
Kevin Kelshaw, Media Relations Officer for the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, said in a new release that shortly before 10 p.m. Tuesday, November 20, someone drove a vehicle through the area of Christopher and Aiken Streets discharging a firearm several times.
Kelshaw said no one was injured and detectives could not locate any witnesses but did find a shell casing.
The second shooting happened shortly after 12 a.m. Wednesday, November 21. Kelshaw said that shooting happened at a home in the 400 block of South Nassau Street.
During that shooting several shots hit an occupied residence. Kelshaw said no one was injured in that shooting. Deputies investigating the shooting were able to recover some evidence related to the shootings, Kelshaw said.
Detectives are not sure if the two shootings are related and would like to speak with any witnesses who may have seen or heard anything.
If you have any information you are asked to contact Detective Gene Tolbert at the Sheriff's Office at 904-209-3985.
To remain anonymous you may contact Crime Stoppers of N.E. Florida at 1-888-277-TIPS. You could be eligible to receive a cash reward.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House