Police: Man arrested for selling cocaine to undercover officers | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Members of the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Marshal's Service arrested a 28-year-old man on charges he sold cocaine to undercover officers before leading police on a chase that ended in a hit and run crash.
Catherine Payne, Public Information Officer for the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, said Henry Darnell Reese was arrested Monday evening.
Police tried to arrest Reese Friday but Reese fled after he allegedly sold drugs to undercover narcotics officers. A pursuit ensued that ended with a hit and run crash, Payne said. Reese then fled on foot and escaped arrest.
Payne said detectives continued to look for Reese throughout the weekend. Their investigative work led to information that led police to his whereabouts.
Reese's charges include two counts of sale of cocaine and one count of sale of marijuana, in addition to charges related to the hit and run crash.
Payne said Reese is being held at the St. Johns County Jail. His bond is set at $110,000.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House