Police looking for suspects who hit and killed bicyclist | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The St. Augustine Police Department is investigating a man run over on Anastasia Boulevard in the early morning hours Sunday.
Mark Samson, Public Information Officer with the St. Augustine Police Department, said 49-year-old Christian Schroom was lying in the roadway when a vehicle or vehicles ran him over.
Samson said rescue workers pronounced Schroom dead at the scene.
Police found Schroom's bicycle on the side of the road with no damage. Samson said evidence collected does not indicate Schroom was riding his bicycle when he was hit.
Officers with the St. Augustine Police Department are interviewing eyewitnesses to try to determine the make and model of the vehicle(s) that killed Schroom, Samson said. Police are also working to obtain surveillance video from nearby businesses.
If you have any information about this crash, you are asked to please call the Northeast Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS (8477).
You may also contact the St. Augustine Police Department at 904-825-1070.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House