Deer hit by plane on runway at St. Augustine airport | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A plane struck a deer on the runway at Northeast Florida Regional Airport while it was landing.
The small passenger jet was a Florida National Guard C-12 and there were no injuries to anyone on the plane, according to Lt. Col. James Evans.
There was minor damage to the prop, Evans said.
The Army will investigate to see if there were any other issues. The pilot and co-pilot will undergo procedural testing at Cecil Airport, Evans said.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House