Deer hit by plane on runway at St. Augustine airport | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A plane struck a deer on the runway at Northeast Florida Regional Airport while it was landing.
The small passenger jet was a Florida National Guard C-12 and there were no injuries to anyone on the plane, according to Lt. Col. James Evans.
There was minor damage to the prop, Evans said.
The Army will investigate to see if there were any other issues. The pilot and co-pilot will undergo procedural testing at Cecil Airport, Evans said.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety