St. Augustine toy piano factory oldest in the world | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- In a warehouse building that looks like any of the others along U.S. 1 in St. Johns County, workers are preparing massive shipments.
Thousands of boxes.
FedEx Trucks in and out.
These boxes heading around the world aren't filled with computer parts, or automotive gear, but instead with tiny toy pianos.
"Schoenhut is renowned for being the oldest and most popular toy piano company in the world," said Renee Trinca.
Renee and her husband purchased the 140-year-old piano company back in the 1990s and moved the facility here to St. Augustine back in 2000.
They've got two warehouses full of the pianos and other toy instruments.
"We've probably got 50 or 60 thousand in this one warehouse," she said.
They're constantly shipping pianos to individual buyers but also every major toy and music store.
"They are designed for children so they hopefully move on to a music career," she said.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House