Police: Woman arrested after driving truck into McDonald's | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A woman is under arrest after police she drove her truck through a McDonald's.
The truck drove into the restaurant all the way up to the counter. Mark Samson, Public Information for the St. Augustine Police, said the driver, identified as Jannette Houston, did not veer at all during the crash.
Police said it appears she was in the parking lot, pressed down on the accelerator and went straight into the dining room.
The crash happened after 2 a.m. Friday on North Ponce de Leon Boulevard.
Police said no customers were inside at the time of the crash. The one employee inside at the time was not hurt.
St. Augustine police arrested Houston on suspicion of DUI after she failed a sobriety test. Samson said when she submitted to a breathalyzer test she blew a .192 and a .198.
Both she and an adult passenger were unharmed in the crash.
An employee of the McDonald's told First Coast News the main restaurant will not be open Friday but the drive through will be.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House