Driver of Jeep in St. Augustine Beach home crash dies | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The driver of a Jeep that crashed into a St. Augustine beach home on Oct. 1 has died.
Grant Ness, 35, died at Shands Jacksonville.
Ness was not wearing his seat belt at the time of the accident according to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
MORE COVERAGE: Three injured after Jeep hits St. Augustine Beach home
The investigation into the incident is still ongoing for insurance purposes, said St. Johns County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Sgt. Chuck Mulligan.
Fault can be assigned, but charges would not be filed against Ness, Mulligan said.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House