Three men arrested after active meth lab found in motel | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Three men have been arrested after they were found by St. Johns County Sheriff's Office deputies to be in a hotel room with an active meth lab late Thursday night.
David Bryan Green, 26, Geoffrey Scott Carter, 33, and John Daniel McLeod, 26, all of St. Augustine; were charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, production of methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell, according to a release from St. Johns County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Corporal Catherine Payne.
Deputies were responding to a tip that Green, who was wanted, was at the Super 8 motel located at 2550 State Road 16. Deputies then knocked on the door of a second story room, where they had just seen Green trying to leave.
One of the other subjects opened the door. When deputies entered to get Green they "observed precursors of a meth lab," Payne said.
The Clandestine Lab Enforcement Team confirmed that the room was the scene of an active meth lab.
After their first appearances Friday morning, Carter and McLeod are being held on bonds that total $71,000 each. Green is being held with no bond, as it relates to his warrant, Payne said.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House