Arrest made in disappearance of St. Johns County woman | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Detectives with the Robbery/Homicide division of the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office have made an arrest in the disappearance of Rebecca Ware.
Detectives have arrested 42-year-old Timothy Johnson. Johnson has been charged with 2nd degree murder, according to a news release from SJSO Public Information Officer Catherine Payne.
Johnson was arrested by detectives from the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office and agents with the U.S. Marshal's Service in Putnam County, Payne said.
Investigators coordinated Johnson's arrest after a Grand Jury indicted him Monday. He had been named a person of interest in Ware's disappearance in June of 2011.
Rebecca Ware was last seen October 29, 2010 in St. Johns County. Detectives have been investigating her disappearance since then.
Ware's remains have not been located. Payne said information and evidence led police to believe Ware's death was foul play and that Johnson was responsible for her death.
Detectives are still looking for any information regarding Ware's disappearance.
Anyone who has any additional information regarding this case is asked to contact Detective Eugene Tolbert with the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office Robbery/Homicide Division at 904-209-3985.
To remain anonymous, and possibly receive a cash reward, you may contact Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-8477.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House