Man robs store, puts money in Crown Royal bag | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office is looking for a man who robbed Marshall's on U.S. 1 and put the money in a Crown Royal bag.
The suspect, who is described as a black male in his mid to late 20s, entered the store in the 1700 block of U.S. 1 around 5 p.m. Tuesday, according to a release from SJSO Media Relations Officer Kevin Kelshaw.
He asked for and purchased a backpack with cash, at which point he demanded money from the clerk and showed a handgun in his waistband. The suspect got away with an undisclosed amount of money, which he put into the Crown Royal bag.
A Sheriff's Office K-9 tracked the suspect to the rear of the store, where he is believed to have fled in an unknown type of vehicle. He is between 5' 3" and 5' 6" tall, 125 to 135 lbs., and was wearing a black ball cap, oversized eyeglasses, bright yellow long sleeve shirt, a white undershirt and blue jeans, according to the release.
Anyone who may have information concerning the identity of this suspect is asked to contact Detective Brad Bichler at (904) 810-6645. You can also remain anonymous and possibly be eligible for a cash reward by calling CrimeStoppers of Northeast Florida at 1-(888) 277-TIPS (8477).
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House