Memorial Day government office closures across the First Coast | News
Government office closures for Monday, May 28 closures include the following:
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
- (The Office of the Tax Collector, as well as all Tax Collector branch offices, and the Office of the Property Appraiser).
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 West Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Supervisor of Elections branch office, 5200-2 Norwood Ave.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Recreation and Community Services Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Jacksonville Children's Commission, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Behavioral and Human Services Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Grounds Maintenance administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling will be collected as usual on Monday, May 28; however, appliances will not be collected. The Trail Ridge Landfill, 5110 U.S. Highway 301, will maintain normal operating hours.
Jacksonville Public Library
The Jacksonville Public Library (Main Library and all branches) will be closed on Sunday, May 27 and Monday, May 28.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m.- 8 p.m.) Monday, May 28. Day-use visitors may enter from 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors must depart by 6 p.m. Visitors of campers should pre-register with the office and acquire a visitor pass to stay in the park until 10 p.m. Camping reservations can be made by phone Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pedestrian traffic only is allowed on the beach after 6 p.m.
Particularly on a holiday weekend, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions prior to visiting the park by calling (904) 251-3335 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.) Monday, May 28. Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their registered visitors with passes must depart by 8 p.m. Camping reservations close at 5 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. Tent campers must check-in and have tents set up by 6 p.m. After 9:30 p.m. no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
City pools will be open on the weekends only beginning Saturday, May 26. The pools will, however, be open on Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. The Cecil Aquatics Center, an indoor facility at 13611 Normandy Blvd., will be open Monday, May 28, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
All three city tennis complexes-Southside Park Tennis Complex, 1541 Hendricks Ave.; Boone Park Tennis Complex, 3700 Park St.; and Clanzel T. Brown Park Tennis Complex, 4575 Moncrief Road-will be open on the holiday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
ST. JOHNS COUNTY
All offices of the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners will be closed on Monday, May 28th. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, May 29th.
All branches of the St. Johns County Public Library System will be closed on Monday, May 28th. All branches will resume normal operating hours on Tuesday, May 29th.
There will be no change to garbage, recycling or yard debris pickup on Memorial Day. All collections will be made on their normal schedule. Administration office will be closed on Monday, May 28th and resume normal hours on Tuesday, May 29th.
The St. Johns County Pet Center will be closed on Monday, May 28th. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, May 29th.