St. Augustine Man Charged with Stabbing Wife to Death | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- St. Johns County deputies have charged a man with murdering his wife, according to a news release from Cpl. Catherine Payne.
Frederick Gilliam, 47, is charged with stabbing his wife, 44-year-old Stephanie T. Gilliam-Singleton, in their Duval Street home Monday morning.
Deputies responded to that home just after 4:30 Tuesday morning, after they said Gilliam called and reported a home invasion robbery there, claiming he and his wife had been stabbed by two suspects who later fled the home.
Gilliam had minor injuries and was treated and released at Flagler Hospital before going to the sheriff's office for questioning. After talking to Gilliam, robbery/homicide detectives arrested him.
The medical examiner is performing an autopsy to determine Gilliam-Singleton's specific cause of death.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House