St. Augustine Man Charged with Stabbing Wife to Death | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- St. Johns County deputies have charged a man with murdering his wife, according to a news release from Cpl. Catherine Payne.
Frederick Gilliam, 47, is charged with stabbing his wife, 44-year-old Stephanie T. Gilliam-Singleton, in their Duval Street home Monday morning.
Deputies responded to that home just after 4:30 Tuesday morning, after they said Gilliam called and reported a home invasion robbery there, claiming he and his wife had been stabbed by two suspects who later fled the home.
Gilliam had minor injuries and was treated and released at Flagler Hospital before going to the sheriff's office for questioning. After talking to Gilliam, robbery/homicide detectives arrested him.
The medical examiner is performing an autopsy to determine Gilliam-Singleton's specific cause of death.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’