St. Augustine Makes Forbes 'Prettiest Towns' List | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Forbes magazine ranks the nation's cities on a variety of lists ("America's Most Dangerous Cities," "America's Best Downtowns"), and St. Augustine has made one of them -- "America's Prettiest Towns."
The list, which also included Key West, was compiled with help from "experts from the Travel Channel, National Geographic, the author of a book about towns in the Northwest, and Fodor's," wrote Forbes contributor John Giuffo.
St. Augustine's old world atmosphere and ability to travel easily on foot were some of the attributes that helped it make the list.
To read about all the cities on the list, click here.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House