St. Augustine Meth Lab Was Site of 2 Deaths in 2010 | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The same St. Augustine home that was the site of a meth lab that was broken up by police on Tuesday was also the site where 2 men were found dead in 2010.
Harry Lee Brano, 71, was found shot to death in a car, while Francisco Gutierrez, 47, ran into the home at 207 Queen Road and was then found dead in the home. Brano and Guitierrez lived together, but were not related.
On Tuesday, the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office arrested Chad Dewayne Platt, 35, at that same home on violation of probation charges after finding evidence of a meth lab.
Criminal charges are pending, according to a release from the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office. Another individual was in the home, but was not charged with a crime.
Probation and parole officers were attempting to locate an individual at the residence around midday Tuesday. The officers then called the sheriff's office after smelling a "strange odor" they believed to be come from the manufacture of methamphetamine.
The Meth Response Team entered the home and dismantled the laboratory. The investigation is still going on, the release said.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House