Former FSDB employee facing molestation charges | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A former employee of the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind is facing lewd or lascivious molestation charges.
According to court records, a sworn complaint against 26-year-old Amber Nicole Blackmer was filed June 6 and a warrant was issued a few days later. Blackmer was arrested on June 10 on charges of lewd and lascivious behavior following an alleged incident at the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind.
In a statement, FSDB President Dr. Jeanne Glidden Prickett said, "Allegations of staff misconduct at Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind (FSDB) are taken very seriously. They are reported as required by state and federal laws and regulations. This allegation of a former FSDB employee was directed to law enforcement authorities and the Florida Department of Children and Families. Currently, the State Attorney's Office is investigating and handling all aspects of the reported misconduct. Out of respect for this ongoing investigation and the parties involved, the school declines to provide further comment."
Blackmer has since bonded out of jail, but is scheduled to appear in court for felony arraignment August 12.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House