St. Johns County school buses not part of recall | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- St. Johns County learned Tuesday afternoon it does not have any of the school buses that are part of a nationwide recall.
That's according to Transportation Director Joe Purvis.
He and his staff were going through the bus inventory in St. Johns County.
Blue Bird is recalling more than 2,500 school buses and some transit buses to fix a problem that could make steering more difficult. The recall affects models made in 2011 or later, Purvis said.
Purvis even inquired about the district's 2010 models, just in case.
However, he learned they are not part of the recall.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House