Reach the Beach underway in St. Johns County | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The long holiday weekend ushered in a new program in St. Johns County called "Reach the Beach."
Free shuttles are running in two locations in the county to provide beach goers access to the beach when parking lots near the ocean fill up.
The shuttles ran from the St. Augustine Beach City Hall and in the Ponte Vedra area from the Ponte Vedra Concern Hall on A1A North. The service of free parking will continue through the weekend.
"Its hard to find a parking spot around here," said Misty Perdue who on July 4th was beach bound wrapping up her vacation from West Virginia.
By noon only a handful of people took advantage of the service in St. Augustine Beach. Signs did steer people to the free parking lot and shuttle service which the county plans to employ during summer holiday events.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House