St. Francis House shooting suspect identified | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A 52-year-old man is in custody after allegedly shooting another man in the neck Thursday night.
The suspect, Darrell Tyrone Jones, was allegedly involved in an argument at the St. Francis House on Washington Street just before 7:30 p.m., according to Mark Samson with the St. Augustine Police Department.
The victim was initially transported to Flagler Hospital in critical condition, but was later taken to UF Health Jacksonville.
Officers caught up with Jones a short time later riding a bike in the area. Jones was arrested and taken into custody and is facing charges of carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and attempted murder.
Jones is currently being held in the St. Johns County Jail on a $30,003 bond.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House