Driver crashes into stopped school bus | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A 20-year-old man is facing charges of careless driving after hitting a school bus Wednesday morning.
Jesse Helms attempted to pass traffic stopped for a school bus on State Road 13 by passing on the right, but instead hit a mail box and over corrected into the left side of the bus, according to a report from Florida Highway Patrol.
The school bus was carrying one passenger at the time of the crash and no injuries were reported.
The flashing lights on the school bus were activated at the time of the crash the report detailed.
Helms was cited for careless driving.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House