Pot Belly's Movie Theater to close in St. Augustine | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- An iconic movie theater on the First Coast is closing its doors.
After 36 years in business, the owners of Pot Belly's Movie Theater in St. Augustine are retiring.
For years it was the only movie theater in the old town.
It was also a place for owner Kenny Pierce to show off his massive collections of all kinds of things including movie memorabilia, lunch boxes, toy cars and model planes.
Owner Kenny Pierce says it's time he and his wife got some rest, and most of the collectibles will be sold at auction.
Pierce said, "I'm going to be 72 years old this Thursday. The kids couldn't handle all this. It's just too much stuff. What do you do? Do you store it? I've got two sheds already full of it!"
The auction will be Saturday, April 26
at Pot Belly's in St. Augustine.
The people who plan to buy the building aim to keep it a movie theater and plan to renovate the old building.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House