Domestic dispute in St. Augustine ends with shooting | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A man is in critical condition after he was shot Sunday during a dispute in a St. Augustine subdivision.
According to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, a 29-year-old man was shot twice during a physical domestic disturbance at 12:30 a.m. in the Royal St. Augustine neighborhood.
The man was taken by air ambulance to UF Health and remains in critical condition.
According to SJCSO, a 59-year-old man involved in the incident fired the shots, but he was not arrested.
"At the present time probable cause did not exist to make an arrest and additional investigation will be required," the SJCSO said in a release.
Two females were also present during the altercation in the 500 block of Florida Club Blvd.
SJCSO told First Coast News it believes the 29-year-old man was involved in a domestic dispute with one of the females and the 59-year-old man was trying to break up the argument.
The names of the victim and the man who fired the shots will be released at a later time, according to SJCSO.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House