Armed robbery suspects wanted in St. Johns County | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – The St. John's County Sheriff's Office is seeking the public's help tracking down two armed robbery suspects.
Deputies responded to the area of Shores Boulevard and Santa Maria Boulevard at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday and met with a 55-year-old victim, according to a release from the St. John's County Sheriff's Office.
The victim claimed he drove to his home in the St. Augustine Shores neighborhood, but before he got out two men in a white sedan drove by, turned around and stopped in front of his house, according to the release.
One of the men asked for directions, then pulled out a handgun and demanded money from the victim. The suspects allegedly took the victim's wallet and drove off.
The suspects are described as two men in their late teens to early twenties. Both are believed to be 5-feet-5 inches tall, however one was slightly stocky and clean cut, the release detailed. The other suspect was described as having a medium build.
The suspects were driving a white four-door sedan, possibly a 2000 model Ford Taurus.
Anyone who has any information about these suspects is asked to contact the St. John's County Sheriff's Office at 904-209-3981.
To remain anonymous and possibly be eligible for a cash reward by calling Crime-Stoppers of N.E. Florida at 1-888-277-TIPS (8477).
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House