Fire closes Ned's in St. Augustine until further notice | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – A fire at a St. Augustine restaurant injured a firefighter responding to the blaze.
The fire broke out at Ned's Southside Kitchen in the 2400 block of U.S. 1 South at 5 a.m., according to St. Johns County Fire Rescue.
The first engine company arrived on scene and reported flames coming from the kitchen exhaust system, heavy smoke was also pouring out the eaves.
Fire crews knocked down the fire in 15 minutes and one firefighter suffered a minor injury battling the blaze.
Ned's Southside Kitchen posted a statement to their website Friday morning after the fire that stated, "We are sorry to report that there was a fire at Ned's early Friday morning. Thankfully no one was on-site! However we will be closed until further notice but will keep you updated as repairs progress! Thank you for all your support, prayers and encouragement. We are grateful to be part of such a wonderful community!"
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House