Homicide investigation underway in St. Johns County | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- A man was killed following a fight at a St. Augustine bar late Thursday night.
Deputies responded to the Crow Bar after they received reports of a fight just before midnight, according to a release from the St. John's County Sheriff's Office. When the deputies arrived, they allegedly saw Scott Douglas Kerins, 45, standing outside the bar holding a knife.
The deputies also found Rickie Wayne Starling, 39, inside the bar with a wound to his leg.
Starling was transported to Flagler Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Kerins suffered from non-life threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital, where he was treated and released.
Detectives questioned Kerins about the incident and then he was released.
The investigation is continuing. The cause of Starling's death will be released pending an autopsy.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House