'This is Home' spotlight is on St. Augustine | News
St. Augustine, Fla. -- This week's spotlight is on what is known as the "Nation's Oldest City", the historical landmark of St. Augustine.
St. Augustine was founded in 1565 by Don Pedro Menendez de Aviles of Spain.
It's rich heritage has become a 'must see' city in Florida.
Trolley Tours will take you around the city to see places such as the Fountain of Youth, the Old Jail, Castillo de San Marcos, the Lightner Museum, Ripleys Believe it or not, Flager College, the Oldest House, San Sabastian Winery and more.
St. Augustine is also surrounded by several beaches and parks, including, Anastasia State Park (St. Augustine Beach), Vilano Beach, Crescent Beach, Washington Oaks State Park and much much more.
We want you to see for yourself what makes St. Augustine so amazing.
Be sure to watch Good Morning Jacksonville Friday and see why you and your neighbors call St. Augustine home.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House