Crash takes out power poles, starts brush fire | News
ST. JOHNS, Fla. -- Two escaped a fiery crash Sunday, with one passenger suffering only minor injuries.
The single car crash occurred on County Road 210 at St. John's Parkway at 4:05 p.m., according to a report from the Florida Highway Patrol.
A preliminary investigation stated a 2007 Toyota Tundra being driven by 71-year-old Larry Evans was traveling Westbound on County Road 210 at St. Johns Parkway when he lost control of his truck causing it to leave the roadway to the right shoulder, striking two JEA power poles.
The crash caused a power line to break, which started a brush fire in nearby trees. The Tundra also caught fire following the crash, luckily no one was inside the truck.
St. Johns County Fire Rescue was able to extinguish the fire once power to the downed line was disconnected.
A seven year-old passenger in the truck was transported to Baptist South in Jacksonville with minor injuries.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House