Five teens injured, one teen captured | News
UPDATE: 1/6/14 - 2:52 p.m. -- The sixth suspect was located by detectives walking on Heritage Park Drive late Monday morning, according to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
UPDATE: 1/6/14 - 12:11 p.m. -- The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office reported that the incident included three males and two females between the ages of 15-18. They were all transported to Flagler Hospital.
In addition, police are searching for a 14-year-old suspect who fled the scene.
Police confirmed at least one car burglary at a residence in the 700 block of E. Red House Branch Road.
Weapons were located at the scene of the crash along with additional property believed to be from other car burglaries.
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- According to police, five teenagers are recovering after an overnight crash on Woodlawn Road near Heritage Park Drive.
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office said they received a call about a burglary in the Heritage Park Subdivision.
When the deputies arrived they said several juveniles jumped into an SUV and fled.
Commander Chuck Mulligan said deputies attempted to stop them, but did not initiate a chase.
The driver lost control of the SUV and crashed. Five teenagers were hurt and one fled on foot but was captured by police.
The investigation into the burglary and the crash is ongoing. There is no word on the identities or conditions of the teenagers.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House