Two Spanish tall ships dock in St. Augustine | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The 17th century replica ship named El Galeon came back into St. Augustine early this morning.
It now sits right next to another tall ship, a 16th century replica ship called the Nao Victoria.
St. Augustine is the North American home port for both ships.
This is the first time the two have been docked next to each other on the First Coast.
El Galeon -- the bigger ship -- will be in town for about six months and will open for tours in a couple of days.
The Nao is already open for tours - and it will be on the First Coast for another month before sailing to different Florida cities.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House