Family of 3 loses home in early morning fire | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- St. Johns County Fire Rescue and the St. Augustine Fire Department responded to a residential fire early Thursday morning.
Fire crews arrived on scene around 7 a.m. at a home in the 100 block of Stewart Street and heavy smoke and flames were showing, according to St. Johns County Fire Rescue Lt. Bob Snell. The fire was under control by 7:20 a.m.
All residents of the home were evacuated and no injuries have been reported. A family of three, two adults and a teen, were displaced by the fire and the American Red Cross responded to provide assistance.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House