SJSO searching for vehicle in fatal hit-and-run crash | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office continues to look for suspects in the fatal hit-and-run crash of 15-year-old Haley Smith.
Smith was hit while walking with two friends, who were not injured, on November 16 at about 8:30 p.m. near Kenton Morrison Road., just north of Four Mile Rd.
According to a SJSO press release, a passenger side mirror of the suspect vehicle was found at the scene. Police say the mirror is an aftermarket reproduction that could fit a variety of small pickup trucks and SUVs.
Investigators are searching for a small pickup truck that should have damage or recent repairs to the front passenger side near the headlights, windshield and A-pillar, which supports the windshield. The passenger side mirror may also be missing or recently repaired.
The vehicle did not stop and was seen heading south on Holmes Boulevard.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Deputy J.D. McGinnis at 904-209-1498 or you can remain anonymous and possibly be eligible for a cash reward by calling Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS (8477).
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House