Funeral held for teen killed in hit-and-run | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Friends and family said goodbye Wednesday to a teenager who was killed last weekend.
The funeral for 15-year-old Haley Smith was Wednesday morning at Moultrie Baptist Church in St. Augustine.
The parking lot was full.
Smith was walking on Kenton Morrison Road just off State Road 16 in St Augustine Saturday night when a pickup truck hit her and drove away.
Smith died at the hospital later that night.
Investigators are still trying to identify the truck and person who hit Smith, they believe it was a gold colored small pickup truck.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House