Man sentenced to 2 life terms for child sex abuse | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- A St. Johns County man was sentenced to two life terms and 15 years for the sexual abuse of a child Tuesday.
Robert Lee Skipper, 41, was found guilty of two counts of sexual battery on a person less than 12 years of age and one count of lewd or lascivious battery on an underage person, a second degree felony.
"The child victim showed remarkable courage when she came forward to report and testify regarding the sexual abuse. The judge's sentence will insure that the defendant dies in prison. May the child and her family find comfort and peace in that," said State Attorney R.J. Larizza.
Dunton said the defendant forced himself on the 11-year-old girl and threatened to kill the victim and her mother if the girl ever told anyone.
The child confided to her step-mother.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety