Firemen rescue baby deer Sunday morning | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- St. Johns County Fire Rescue responded to an unusual request for service Sunday morning.
A citizen walking along County Road 210 West spotted a young deer lying near the road, according to a Facebook post from SJCFR.
Eng. Jerod Burghart and Capt. Robbie McQuaig responded and checked the deer for injuries and found none, however the fawn would not move on its own.
Fearing the fawn could be struck by a car, Eng. Burghart moved the deer to a safer location.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’