Teen hit by car on bus stop | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A teen was hit by a car Thursday morning while waiting for her school bus.
The victim's mother said she received a call at 7 a.m. from a man calling from her daughter's cell phone. The caller said he had just hit the teen with his car.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Usina Street and Barcelona Avenue while the teen sat on the ground waiting for her bus.
The teen was transported to an area hospital as a precaution.
According to her mother, the teen has severe swelling and was x-rayed, but does not have any life-threatening injuries. Doctors recommended the teen be under observation at home for a few days.
The incident is still under investigation and the driver has not been cited.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartram Trail hosts "Silent Night" girls basketball game
- Jacksonville’s Boatanista makes a splash and gains national recognition for her efforts
- Creeks Outlaws win Super Bowl of Pop Warner
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th