Woman busted with crack pipe in bra | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - An undercover drug operation leads to the arrest of a woman police say is a known prostitute.
Heather Meade, 37, was allegedly spotted in the area of West King Street Monday by undercover detectives attempting to buy crack.
According to a police report from the St. John's County Sheriff's Office, Meade is a convicted prostitute and was recognized during the undercover drug operation.
An undercover detective asked Meade if she wanted to get in the car with him and Meade allegedly accepted. During their conversation it was determined the detective would pay $20 in exchange for sex with Meade.
Meade traveled with the detective to a predetermined location where she was taken into custody. During a search of Meade, deputies allegedly found a crack pipe in her bra and she allegedly admitted to smoking crack an hour earlier.
According to the police report, Meade has six prior convictions for prostitution, including four in Texas.
Meade was arrested and charged with prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House